Sylvia shares the definition, power and the purpose of becoming a visible expert.
“Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience.” ~Denis Waitley
Listen to this episode and learn the secrets to becoming a visible expert. Here are 9 key points covered in this episode:
- The definition of and advantages of being a Visible Expert as an engineer
- How to develop your expertise
- The 5 levels of expertise
- Where to establish your expertise
- The importance of balancing hard with soft skills
- How experts make complicated subjects easy to understand
- The value of using online tools
- The importance of creating your brand through LinkedIn
- How to overcome your shyness through brown bag seminars and/or blogging
In the Take Action Today segment at the end of the show, Sylvia and I give you an exercise to help you build your expertise.
Resources and links mentioned in this session include:
What are some steps that you have taken to develop your expertise as an engineer?
Please leave your comments or questions in the section below.
To your success,
Anthony Fasano, PE, LEED AP
The Engineering Career Coach
Author of Engineer Your Own Success