“I hate to be a kicker, I always long for peace, but the wheel that does the squeaking is the one that gets the grease.” – Attributed to American humorist Josh Billings
In the Take Action Today segment of the show, I am going to answer two questions from a listener.
Listen to this session and learn some strategies for approaching your boss when you are not advancing as fast as you’d like to, including:
- Have a conversation with your supervisor and get a timeline on when you can advance to the next level
- Try to soak up as much knowledge and experience as possible regardless of how fast you are advancing
- Try to find what’s available in you industry, outside of your current company
- Connect with the right people in LinkedIn and build your network
- Get your point across on your resume by putting your key experiences at the top
- Know when to leave your company if they don’t provide you with a timeline, even after letting them know you’re ready to advance to the next level
- Work towards your long term goal
Resources and links mentioned in this session include:
Sponsor for this session:
What do you do when you feel like you’re not advancing as fast as you should be?
We would love to hear any questions you might have or stories you might share on how the information in this episode helped you move closer to your goals of advancement or any of your own strategies that you have implemented.
Please leave your comments, feedback or questions in the section below.
To your success,
Anthony Fasano, PE, LEED AP
The Engineering Career Coach
Author of Engineer Your Own Success