In episode 043 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I interview Bob Willard, a leading expert on quantifying and selling the business value of corporate sustainability strategies.
Here are some of the questions I ask Bob:
- How would you describe sustainability in your own words?
- Why is sustainability an advantage for corporations?
- Why don’t more companies try to become more sustainable if there are so many benefits to it?
- For some reason, it seems that the initial immediate reactions to the thought of implementing sustainability are very negative. Why is that?
- What are some things I can do as an employee to help my company become more sustainable?
- How would you recognize a company that is practicing sustainability?
Quotes to think about: