In episode 036 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I interview Rick DeLaGuardia about entrepreneurship in civil engineering. We will focus on his newest book called Engineer to Entrepreneur: Success Strategies to Manage Your Career and Start Your Own Firm.
Here are some of the questions I ask Rick:
- What made you decide to write the book?
- Who is the book geared to primarily?
- What is the one key point you were trying to make when you wrote the book?
- You use a lot of anecdotes in your book, why?
- In the book you ask the readers to consider working for a small niche firm, can you explain why?
- You write about investing and finances a lot, why is it so important?
- Based on the three parts of your book, what is the best advice you could provide to each group: student, young engineer and aspiring entrepreneur?
- Who is publishing your book and how can we get a copy?
Quotes to think about: